Gillian Emmett Moldowan is counsel in the Compensation, Governance & ERISA practice.
She advises on compensation and benefit arrangements, including equity-based incentives, deferred compensation and employment, retention and severance arrangements, with emphasis on disclosure and issues arising in mergers and acquisitions transactions and securities offerings. She regularly counsels clients on proxy disclosure, Section 16 and corporate governance matters and the negotiation of executive employment arrangements. Gillian also advises employers and executives on the applicability of federal securities law, tax law and general employment-related matters.
- Regularly provides executive compensation, disclosure and governance advice to corporate and financial institution clients, including Advanced Disposal, Altice USA, American Axle & Manufacturing, Andeavor, Boston Scientific, EQT, Fairfax Financial, General Electric, Guggenheim Partners, The Medicines Company, The Rohatyn Group and Valvoline
- Regularly advises individual executives of public companies and private enterprises on employment, retention and severance issues, including having provided advice to the CEO of a joint venture between Pamplona Capital and Northwell Health Systems and the interim CEO of Cheniere Energy
- General Electric in its combination of GE Oil & Gas and Baker Hughes
- Altice USA in its initial public offering and subsequent separation from Altice N.V.
- Citi in its divestiture of foreign assets
- Community Bank System in its acquisition of Merchants Bancshares, Inc.
- Seacoast Banking Corporation in its acquisition of GulfShore Bancshares, Inc.
- Symplicity Corporation in its sale to H.I.G. Capital
- Mantle Ridge in its investment in CSX Corporation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation in its $9 billion acquisition of Sikorsky Aircraft from United Technologies Corporation
- Fandango in its acquisition of Ingresso.com from B2W Companhia Digital
- Cogent Partners in its $97.6 million sale to Greenhill & Co., Inc.
- BATS Global Markets in its $365 million acquisition of HotSpot FX
- Goldman Sachs and Rhone Capital in their acquisition of Neovia Logistics
- C1 Financial in its $44 million initial public offering
- Freeport-McMoRan in its $1.8 billion sale of Candelaria/Ojos
- Comcast Corporation in its $45.2 billion bid to acquire Time Warner Cable, Inc., divest cable systems to Charter Communications and spinoff of GreatLand Connections
- Roche in its $8.3 billion acquisition of InterMune
- Auris Medical Holding AG in its $56 million initial public offering
- GeoPark Limited in its $95 million initial public offering
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers in its acquisition of Booz & Company
The George Washington University Law School
J.D., with Highest Honors
- Order of the Coif
- George Washington Scholar
- Member, The George Washington Law Review
Barnard College, Columbia University
- Trustee, Stevens Cooperative School Board of Trustees (present)