Mohsin Suleman is a partner in our Mergers & Acquisitions practice in Saudi Arabia, which we operate in association with The Law Firm of Dr. Sultan Almasoud.
Mohsin advises clients on mergers & acquisitions (public & private), private equity and regulatory matters. He also advises both issuers and underwriters on initial public offerings. He represents a variety of clients including sovereign wealth funds, multi-national corporates and large family conglomerates. Mohsin has particular focus in the defense, healthcare, education, food and beverage and financial institution industries.
Shearman & Sterling LLP practices in Saudi Arabia in association with The Law Firm of Dr. Sultan Almasoud in association with Shearman & Sterling LLP. Partners in the Riyadh offices are partners in The Law Firm of Dr. Sultan Almasoud.
Equity Capital Markets
- Dr Suleiman Al Habib, one of the largest providers of private healthcare services in the middle east, on its $700mn initial public offering and listing of shares on the Saudi Stock Exchange*
- Al Moammar Information Systems on its initial public offering and listing – the first IT firm to list shares on the Saudi stock market*
- Underwriters on the $1.5 billion rights issue of Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden)*
- Underwriters on the IPO of Saudi Airlines Ground Services Company*
- A leading defense company on the sale of its KSA joint venture portfolio*
- Saudia Medical Services (the medical division of Saudia airlines) on its privatization*
- DaVita (a ‘Fortune 500’ US listed company) on its concession agreement with the Ministry of Health to establish and operate dialysis clinics throughout KSA*
- HSBC (the strategic shareholder in Saudi British Bank (SABB)) on the $5 billion merger between SABB and Alawwal Bank (IFLR 2019 domestic deal of the year)*
- A Saudi government entity on its multi-million dollar joint venture investments into the education and healthcare sectors*
- A consortium led by Digital Bridge on the multi-billion dollar acquisition of telecommunication infrastructure assets in KSA*
- Abraaj/TPG on their multi-million dollar acquisition of ‘Kudu’ quick service restaurants*
- NBK Capital on the acquisition of a significant minority interest in AmoHamza chain of restaurants*
- A Saudi quick service restaurant with 100+ outlets on the sale of a significant minority interest*
- Danone (a ‘CAC 40’ listed company) on the sale of its Saudi subsidiary to AlSafi Group in exchange for shares and the establishment of ‘AlSafi Danone’ (ASD)*
- Danone on the proposed takeover by Nadec of ASD by way of a share swap*
- Banque Saudi Fransi on the partial sale of its stake in Allianz Saudi Fransi to Allianz – this transaction resulted in the first Saudi listed company majority owned by a foreign shareholder*
* Denotes prior firm experience
LLB, First Class with Honors
- Exchange Program, Law with Chinese Law at University of Hong Kong (SAR)