Sanja (Sonny) Udovicic is a partner in the Project Development & Finance practice.
Sonny’s practice focuses on the development and financing of energy, natural resource, infrastructure, telecom and media projects (and related M&A transactions) in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. She represents financiers (including multilateral and bilateral development banks, export credit agencies, Islamic finance institutions, commercial banks and political risk guarantors), borrowers and sponsors on a variety of financing arrangements, including project, reserve-based lending, acquisition, vendor, structured and Islamic financings and related derivative transactions.
- DFIs on the financing of three solar projects being developed under the FiT programme in Egypt
- IFC on the restructuring of loans to a glass manufacturing business in Moldova
- The lenders on a hybrid reserve based lending / limited recourse project financing of an offshore oil & gas project in Egypt
- IFC, EBRD, OFID ICBC and CCB on the development and financing of the Zarqa CCGT Power Project in Jordan
- The lending group (IsDB, K-EXIM and the commercial banks) on the development and financing of the Fadhili IPP in Saudi Arabia
- Angola LNG as borrower on a $1.8 billion financing to fund the upgrade of the project in 2016
- Mezzanine lenders on the development and financing of the $3.4 billion 2,400MW Hassyan coal-fired IPP in Dubai
- K-Sure on the project financing of the Al Dur IWPP in Bahrain, involving international and commercial debt financing, Islamic financing, political and commercial risk insurance from KEIC and a U.S. Exim loan
- Lenders on the development and financing of the $3 billion 2,520MW and 136.5MIGD Facility D IWPP in Qatar
- IFC on the financing of an expansion of the Songo Songo offshore gas project in Tanzania
- Santander, Barclays and HSBC on the refinancing of Wembley Stadium’s project debt through a corporate financing at the Football Association level
- HSBC and JP Morgan on a $2 billion financing for Delek Drilling and Avner Oil Exploration to finance the exploration and development of their interests in the Leviathan natural gas field in the Eastern Mediterranean
- The financiers, IsDB, ADB and a consortium of Pakistan financiers, in connection with the fully Shari’ah compliant financing of the Foundation Wind I and II Power Projects in Sindh province, Pakistan
- Lenders on the financing of LUKOIL’s Gissar upstream gas development project in Uzbekistan
- ADB, IsDB, KDB and commercial banks on the financing of LUKOIL’s Khauzak-Shady and Kandym upstream gas project in Uzbekistan
- The Republic of Croatia on a concession for the privatisation of the operation of the Croatian motorway network
Queen Mary College London
Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law
Awards & Accolades
- Sonny is a ranked lawyer in Chambers UK 2017 for both Projects and Energy & Natural Resources and is commended for her “very strong negotiation skills” and her “calm and patient”demeanor.