Paul Strecker is a Lead Industry Coordinator for Private Capital and a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Paul has over 25 years’ experience in cross-border M&A transactions, including public and private company acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, minority investments, strategic alliances, joint ventures and asset sales across a wide range of industries. Paul also has extensive experience advising private equity clients, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and other financial investors on transactions globally. Paul previously worked in the Firm's New York, San Francisco and Hong Kong offices, where he was Head of Asia M&A.
- Chipita S.A. on the sale of its business to Mondelēz International, Inc. for approximately $2 billion.
- CPPIB on various investments including its investment in 10x Future Technologies.
- Microvast on its $3 billion de-SPAC transaction with Tuscan Holdings.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management on its investment in 50five Group.
- CVC Capital Partners on its investment in Skroutz AE.
- Bain Capital on various investments, including in VXI Global Solutions and its sale to Carlyle.
- Goldman Sachs as financial advisor to Kuwait Finance House on its $8.8 billion merger with Ahli United Bank.
- Goldman Sachs as financial advisor to The Saudi British Bank on its $5 billion merger with Alawwal Bank.
- Purus Marine on various transactions in the maritime sector.
- Mindray Medical on its $3.3 billion sale to a management buyout group.
- Asia-Info Linkage on its $980 million sale to a consortium led by CITIC Capital.
- Pactera Technology on its $680 million sale to a consortium led by Blackstone.
- Nidera B.V. on its $1.2 billion sale of a majority stake to COFCO.
- International Finance Corporation on its $1.2 billion sale of its stake in Bank of Shanghai.
- Vice Media on its European joint venture with Antenna Group.
- InvestCorp on its strategic investment in China Everbright.
- EDP on the $11 billion tender offer by China Three Gorges for the outstanding shares of EDP.
- UST Global on its strategic investment by Temasek.
- The Olayan Group on its investments in National Energy Services Reunited Corp and NPS Holdings Limited.
- CITIC Capital on its investment in Formel D.
- JP Morgan as financial advisor to iKang Healthcare Group on its $1.15 billion acquisition by Alibaba.
New York University School of Law
- New York
- Hong Kong
- England und Wales
- Lawyers Without Borders – Advisory Board Member
- Oxford University (Masters in Law and Finance Faculty) – Advisory Board Member
Awards & Accolades
- Ranked lawyer for Private Equity in Chambers Global for 14 years.
- Noted by Legal 500 UK 2023 – Corporate and Commercial M&A: Upper Mid-market and Premium Deals, £500m+ as "… a prolific transactional lawyer whose multiple qualifications (England & Wales, New York, California, and Hong Kong) make him ideally positioned to represent a diverse roster of clients in high-stakes, cross-border deals."
- Noted by a client in Chambers and Partners Global 2020 – Private Equity (International Firms): China as “One of the most amazing lawyers I know, technically proficient and good with our clients and counterparties. He's able to manage difficult personalities with ease. ”
- Named a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for M&A and Private Equity by IFLR’s Guide to the World’s Leading Law Firms, 2020.
- Ranked lawyer for Private Equity (International Firms) – China in Chambers and Partners Global 2020.
- Recognised as a “Notable Practitioner” for Corporate/M&A and Private Equity by Chambers Asia 2017.