Our 2020 Diversity & Inclusion Year in Review
We are excited to release our 2020 year in review for diversity and inclusion.
We are part of a profession that is about fighting for and upholding equal justice under the law. As a global law firm, diversity and inclusion are part of our fabric, interwoven in who we are and all we do. We know that the continued success of our people and our clients are inextricably bound and that the varied perspectives we bring is where our value lies.
2020 was a time for renewed dialogue and action, and an enhanced commitment to refocus our efforts. We worked to expand upon our existing programs and introduced a number of new initiatives to deliver further change within our firm and wider communities and we are incredibly proud of the collective action we took as a firm.
A few highlights include:
- Participating in the Black Lawyers Matter program, in partnership with a firm client and the National Bar Association, giving opportunities for Black law students to partake in a paid, virtual internship with the firm and provides real-world exposure to the legal profession and invaluable networking and mentoring opportunities. Interns of this program were offered and accepted participation in our summer associate program.
- Hosting our inaugural Global D&I Inclusion Network Conference where nearly 400 people participated and attended.
- Partnering with firm clients to scale impactful mentorship programs for diverse associates to retain and develop talent.
- Committing to further advancing women and diverse professionals at the firm commemorated by our Mansfield Certification.
- Introducing Inform to Transform, a quarterly anti-bias training series that brings awareness to biases, both unconscious and conscious, and provides actionable steps to mitigate them.
- Launching our Monthly Open Forums – a safe space for our community to share candid and personal experiences.
- Creating our latest inclusion network, BE SEEN, comprised of highly motivated Black business services professionals, who seek to enhance the firm's efforts in attracting, developing and retaining Black professionals and work to create an inclusive and equitable workplace.
We look forward to another impactful year in D&I and making even bigger waves this year.