Bianca Vasilache is an associate in the International Arbitration practice, with experience in international investment treaty and commercial arbitration.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, she practiced in the International Arbitration team of a Magic Circle firm.
- The Kingdom of Morocco in its defense of an ICSID arbitration claim brought by a Swedish investor under the Sweden‑Morocco bilateral investment treaty, in relation to the operation of the only oil refinery in Morocco.*
- A number of individuals and their companies in their LCIA claim for breach of contract, termination and repudiation as well as their defense to counterclaims, in relation to the separation of a business venture.*
- A bank and an African coal mining company in their defense on jurisdiction in an UNCITRAL arbitration relating to non-payment of debt.*
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (“CIMA”) in a successful disciplinary action under the CIMA arbitration rules against one of its members, in relation to fraudulent tax evasion.*
- A hotel in relation to third-party funding for enforcement proceedings in Africa and the Middle East.*
- Individuals in their benefits appeals in the English courts.*
- A number of pension funds in their judicial review application in the English courts, in relation to proposed changes to the retail price index.*
- AIRE Centre in its UK Supreme Court intervention in an immigration case.*
*Denotes prior experience
BPP Law School
LPC and LL.M. Commercial Legal Practice
- “The Yukos saga: Making sense of the English rules on stay of enforcement and security,” Jus Mundi Blog, 29 June 2021