Nick Withers is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Nick has extensive experience across a range of corporate transactions, including public and private M&A transaction, private equity, joint ventures, equity capital markets, corporate governance and general corporate advisory work. He has been named as a “Next Generation Partner” in The Legal 500 UK 2023.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, Nick worked at a Magic Circle firm in London and spent two and a half years working in the Singapore office of a major international firm.
- Boston Scientific Corporation on its $4.2 billion recommended offer to acquire BTG plc.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited on the sale of RiverStone to CVC.
- Marubeni Corporation, INCJ and Mitsui O.S.K. Lines on the disposal of the shipping vessels group, Seajacks.
- PointState Capital LP in its participation in Taylor Maritime IPO and sale of 12 shipping vessels.
- Integration Appliance, Inc. on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Repstor Limited
- Gulf Marine Services, a company listed on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange, on its successful capital raising through a placing and open offer.
- The lead arrangers on the bridge and term loan financings in relation to several UK public to private transactions, including Comcast’s £30 billion public-to-private acquisition of Sky plc and TDR Capital and I Squared Capital's acquisition of Aggreko plc.
- Acacia Mining plc on the £1.2 billion recommended offer from Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited on their joint bid for APR Energy plc along with Albright Capital Management LLC and ACON Equity Management LLC.
- DBAY Advisors Limited on the acquisition of a 51% stake in the trading entities of Eddie Stobart Logistics plc and the associated recapitalisation of the business.
- DBAY Advisors Limited on its public-to–private takeover of Creston plc.
- Cyprus Cooperative Bank on the sale of assets and deposits to Hellenic Bank.
- The lead arrangers on the bridge and term loan financings related to Comcast’s £30 billion public-to-private acquisition of Sky plc.
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) on a strategic partnership with OCI N.V. (OCI) which combined ADNOC's fertilizer business, ADNOC Fertilizers, into OCI’s Middle East and North Africa (MENA) nitrogen fertilizer platform to form a new joint venture.
- Etihad Airways on certain matters relating to its investment in Air Berlin PLC.
- Engie on the sale of its stakes in Paiton (Indonesian power assets) to Nebras Power and Mitsui for approximately $1.5 billion and in Meenakshi (Indian power assets) for an undisclosed sum.
- Eurobank Ergasias A.E. on the acquisition of Alpha Bank S.A.'s branch in Bulgaria by Eurobank Bulgaria.
- Marlin Equity Partners on the acquisition of Wax Digital and its merger with Medius (a Marlin portfolio company).
- State Grid International Development Limited on its strategic acquisition of a 24% interest in the share capital of Independent Power Transmission Operator S.A. from Public Power Corporation S.A.
- The Xander Group Inc., alongside APG Asset Management N.V., on the establishment of its joint venture, Virtuous Retail South Asia Pte. Ltd, which has acquired an initial portfolio of three retail assets from a Xander-sponsored fund.
- Fortress Investment Group LLC on the sale of its stake in UK Power Reserve to a consortium comprising Inflexion and Equistone Partners Europe Limited.
BPP Law School
University of York
Awards & Accolades
- Nick is ranked as a “Next Generation Partner” in The Legal 500 UK 2021.